Monday, June 25, 2012

Do you love Kona Solids? I do!

And would you like to win 2 yards of Kona Solids to add to your stash?  Well who wouldn't?



Fluffy Sheep Quilting (the shop) has 35 different Kona Solids.   So that each and every one of you can bring home a bit of this rainbow, the shop will offer fat eighth bundles of  8 Kona Solids later this summer.  I would therefore like to open the chance to you, Fluffy Sheep Quilting readers, to create delicious bundle combinations in a mini competition.  Are you interested?

Join in!
Here's what you need to do:

  • Head to the Fluffy Sheep Quilting flickr page where you'll see a photo set of Kona Solids.  Choose your favorite 8 colors that you think would make a fab bundle.
  • Use these images to make a photo mosaic of your proposed bundle of 8.  If you need a bit of help making a mosaic, there's a mini-tutorial below that might help.  
  • Post your mosaic on your blog and then come right back here and link up your post with the linky below.  Please, please, please be sure to list the Kona color names in your bundle somewhere in your post or photo caption.  If you do not have a blog and would like to enter, just email your mosaic to me at fluffysheepquilting(at)gmail(dot)com and I can add it to the linky for you.  
  • You may make as many bundle combinations as you want and link up each and every one of them as a separate entry.  The linky will request unique URLs for each mosaic, so you may have to write multiple blog posts to link several mosaics.  Alternatively, you can upload them in flickr and use the image URL in your linky.


Your Winnings!
The winner of our linky will be chosen by public vote.  Voting will be open on 9 July for 1 week.  You're welcome to tweet, facebook, blog all about the contest trying to drum up votes for your bundle, but in the end the general public will make the final decision of which bundle they like best.  

I am offering 2 yards of Kona Solids to the winner in any way they would like.  If you want a full 2 yards of one color, that's fine by me.  If you'd like a selection of FQs, that's also fine by me.

I will also be offering the top 5 combinations as fat eighth bundles in the Fluffy Sheep Quilting shop under your name.  For example, if I won...which I won't...Fluffy Sheep Quilting will offer the Cindy Bundle.  Or you can come up with what ever cheeky name you'd like...I'm just not that creative with words.



Timeline
Start linking your mosaics today.  This linky party will be open from 25 June to 8 July (5PM), giving you two weeks to create something spectacular.  On Monday 9 July I will open the voting for 1 week.  The winner will be emailed by me on 16 July.


If you are emailing your mosaic to me, it must be received by Thurs 5 July so I can do all of the behind the scenes stuff and get you into the linky in time.


Short Mosaic Tutorial
You can do this any way you'd like.  My favorite is with Big Huge Labs.  To create a mosaic with them:

  • Follow this link to their website.
  • Choose 3 columns and 3 rows to give you space for 9 images.  You'll only use 8 of them.
  • Go to my flickr page and view the photo set of Kona Solids.  Just click here as a short cut.
  • Click on the color you like.  Click again so it's in a shadow box (black background with just the color swatch floating).  
  • Highlight and copy the URL link
  • Go back to Big Huge Labs and insert the link in the "enter URL" box
  • Repeat this again and again until you've inserted URLs for all colors you like.  
  • You can create/view/edit the mosaic using the buttons at the bottom of the Big Huge Labs page.
  • Be sure to save the HTML code for your photo caption in your blog post OR write out your color choices so we have a good record of your favorites.

There's also a good tutorial here that you might like better than my brief instructions.

Small Print.
This linky is open to all international visitors.  I will happily ship your winnings to you anywhere you may be.  You must leave a working email for me in your linky upload to contact you.  If you do not respond in 2 days after my email letting you know you won, I will go to the second winner.



9 comments:

Nicky said...

Now there's an interesting challenge! I could while away lots of time doing this....

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

See Nicky is ahead of the game!
I just got my parcel - thank you - great idea, I will ponder my selection this evening xxx

Leanne said...

Did you notice you have no brown, tan, sand, or brownish except for bone? I will make a group or two later, when work gets boring, it is a great idea.

Wendy said...

What a brilliant competition! I've made three mosaics, but it'll only let me link up one. It says the link already exists in this collection as they're on the same blog post...

Katy Cameron said...

I shall have a thunk about this for later in the week...

Miss Beau Jangles said...

Thanks for the chance, this was so fun, just what I needed after a hard days work! I would love to win some kona solids - I have never tried them and hear so much talk about them!

Cherie said...

Woo sounds like fun. I'm in! =D

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Woop!! How I love these kinds of competitions, thanks!!

Leanne said...

I finally figured out what bundles were missing and entered twice. One from my blog and the other is just from flickr, both are on the blog in one post - too complicated but I hope I win, cuz you need red bundles for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch Cúchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views